Who We Are
Eastern Market is far more than a market. It is a community hub for the Capitol Hill neighborhood and a cultural destination for visitors from around the world.
Eastern Market includes:
- The South Hall Market, where indoor merchants offer everything from fresh produce and flowers, to baked goods, meats, poultry, cheese and deli products.
- Fresh Tuesdays Farmers Market, where farmers sell their local produce, meat, and cheese under the farmer’s line sheild from 3pm-7pm on every Tuesday.
- The Weekend Farmers’ Line, an open-air venue where local farmers sell fresh local produce year round.
- The Weekend Outdoor Market, where local artists sell handmade arts and crafts and antiques.
- The North Hall Event Space, an arts and community center where locals organize to hold meetings, wedding receptions, dance classes and other events.
From Tuesday through Sunday, visitors flow through the South Hall Market, where merchants serve the finest meats, poultry, seafood, produce, pasta, baked goods and cheeses from around the world. On weekends, Eastern Market buzzes with excitement, live music, and local flair! Outside of the market, local farmers empty their trucks with recently harvested produce…direct from farms in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia. Beyond fruits, veggies, and fresh flowers, over 100 exhibitors of handmade arts, crafts, jewelry, and antiques offer something for everyone!